Blogger Ethnography Results (Part 4) Implications for Ministry
Implications for Ministry:
Those looking to blog to youth ministers would benefit from these following tips:
- Readers expect short blogs, these normally range from 500-700 words.
- The norm for blogging is 2-5 times per week.
- Spamming on twitter or facebook is annoying, so only post a few times that you are posting a new blog.
- You can broadcast or narrow cast. Just post material with good content for your target audience.
- Build community in your blog. Respond to those who post to your blog and write on other people’s blogs.
- Use social media with restraint. Posting several times in a row to take up space on a blog feed, is annoying.
- Most of your readers are in the US, however, it may be beneficial to keep in mind some readers are from overseas and may have different problems to address.