5 Reflections from Last Years #SYMC
1. Get a Plan
– Seriously, have a plan of what you would like to do before hand. You can do this easily via SYMs schedule app here: http://conference.youthministry.com/schedule/
2. Blow it up!
– Have a plan, know what you want, but also connect with people around you.
– Grab Lunch with some friends, search #SYMC to find people to catch up with.
– Get with a connect group to meet up with people just like you! Get information and connect with them throughout the year. http://conference.youthministry.com/for-your-soul/connect-groups/
4. Be Blindsided
– There is much to do at this conference and you can easily get lost in the business and not make any connections. I urge you to find time for the Holy Spirit to work in your life. Skip a section and find a quiet place (there is a prayer room), go to some restaurant and journal. Spend some time in your hotel room and pray/nap. Don’t force it, but don’t run around so much that you go home more tired than you came (unless thats a good thing for you.)
5. Be You.
– The #1 thing I love about this conference and this group of people is that you are free to be you. None of us are impressed: Impressed with ourselves, impressed with others, so I invite you to drop your guard and sit in on a conversation in the sack chairs, raise your hand (or shout out) in a learning track. Say Hi to some leader you’ve always wanted to say hi to.